Hispaniola VIP Explorer
$80.00 – $135.00
Discover our Hispaniola Island and learn how the Dominicans have become the best baseball players in the world. Visit “La Matilde” Cigar Museum, where you will learn the history of Dominican Cigar and see the way they are made, by hand. Visit the famous artist village of Altos de Chavon where you can appreciate the Taino exhibit at the Regional Archeological Museum, also an excellent opportunity for shopping. Enjoy an incredible lobster lunch on a riverboat along the famous Chavon River, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
- Visit Francisco A. Micheli Stadium, Toros del Este.
- Tour “La Matilde”, and examine the proud handwork of the cigar industry’s most experienced craftsmen.
- Stop at Altos de Chavón, a Mediterranean-style artisan village reenacting what once was the bohemian way of life in the 16th Century
- Attend a multitudinous replica of a Roman-era amphitheater
- Aboard a riverboat, feast your eyes on stunning landscape and architectural elements, as you embark on a journey across the imposing Chavón River as you devour a succulent grilled lobster lunch.
- Open the way to a spiritual pilgrimage, attend Higüey Basilica. Its solemnity is engulfed in the history which this architectural prodigy shelters.
Come and discover our Hispaniola Island and learn how the Dominicans have become the best baseball players in the world. Visit “La Matilde” Cigar Museum, where you will learn the
history of Dominican Cigar, see the way they are made, by hand, and have the opportunity to purchase from their large selection of quality cigars. Visit the famous artist village of Altos de Chavon where you can appreciate the Taino exhibit at the Regional Archeological Museum, also an excellent opportunity for shopping. A riverboat ride along the famous Chavon River, where you´ll have an unforgettable trip enjoying fantastic scenery to the sound of tropical music. Enjoy an incredible Grilled Lobster Lunch served on board surrounded by breathtaking natural landscape which has been the scene of several international movies such as Apocalypse Now and Rambo II. Visit Basilica de La Altagracia.
- Customers who are pregnant
- Suffer from heart conditions, disability and/or mobility problems, cannot take part in this tour
- Certificate expert guide, all entrance to the museum
- Entrance to the Basilica
- Lunch type cruise with lobster
- Water, juice or soft drink, beer, run and wine
- Transportation by A/C bus
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing Camera
- Extra money for tips and souvenirs
- Bottle of water
- Women’s shoulders and knees must be covered to enter the Basilica
3 – 12 years
10 hours approximately
- 06:00-07:30 Pick-up directly in hotels.
- 07:30-07:40 Briefing from our tour guides about safety and the activities program for the day.
- 09:30-09:45 Arrival to the Baseball stadium in La Romana. Explanation on the national sport will be given.
- 10:05-10:50 Arrival to “La Matilde – La Estancia”, visit of the handmade manufacture, opportunity to buy cigars.
- 11:05-12:00 Arrival to Altos de Chavón for museum, amphitheater and free time for shopping.
- 12:30-14:00 Riverboat ride along the famous Chavon River, where you´ll have an unforgettable trip enjoying a fantastic scenery to the sound of tropical music and with an incredible Grilled Lobster Lunch served on board.
- 14:45-15:15 Arrival at the largest and most important cathedral in the country, Basilica de La Altagracia, spiritual catholic mother of the Dominicans.
- 16:30 Approximated time of arrival to hotels.
Note: The order of the activity might change depending on the operation of that day.