$45.00 – $90.00
Camera in hands, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages. Along the road you will see schools and famous ’’colmado’’. Drive across sugar cane and rice plantations. Learn why and how Spanish brought sugar cane culture in this island and the economic impact. See how they used a ’’trapiche’’ – wheel grinder pulled by oxen to extract the syrup of sugar cane. Ride our truck through the Anamuya mountain and have direct contact with the day to day life in the countryside.
- Submerge into the traditional way of plowing the crop and how to transform the sugar cane to sugar, molasse and the best Dominican rum.
- Master craftsmen will explain you all steps, the process and the proper way to roll a quality cigar
- Visit a typical Dominican house and the family who’s making biological products from their small plantation of coffee, cacao, coconut, paprika, vanilla and other product.
- Enjoy the best typical Dominican food in our ranch situate in the middle of the Anamuya range with the best overview of the country side.
- Get a introduction of horseback riding, still in 2016 the only transportation to reach many farms and houses in Dominican Republic.
- End your day in one of the public, white sand beach in Punta Cana, Macao and try body board surfing.
Camera in hands, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages. Along the road you will see schools and famous “colmado”. Drive across sugar cane and rice
plantations. Learn why and how Spanish brought sugar cane culture in this island and the economic impact. See how they used a “trapiche” – wheel grinder pulled by oxen to extract the sirop of sugar cane. With a truck, climb Anamuya mountain and a direct contact with the day to day life in the country side. Our guides will presente to you different threes, fruits and flowers you will see along the ride.
We are glad and proud to offer the best cultural excursion since 20 years. For years we are sponsoring schools and always support the local communities. Doing a safari like Bavaro
Runners, is the only excursion you can do to make a difference.
- Customers who are pregnant
- Suffer from heart conditions, disability and/or
- mobility problems, cannot take part in this tour
- People with back problem not recommended
- Lunch: White rice, Dark rice with bean
(Moro), Chicken creole, Beef creole, Spaghetti
pomodoro, Salad bar and fresh fruits
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum
- Typical Dominican house
- Fruits, coffee and chocolate
- Water and soft drinks
- Transportation by safari truck
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Extra money for tips and souvenirs
- Bottle of water
- Beach towel
3 – 12 years
8 hours approximately
- 08:00-09:00 Pick-up directly in hotels.
- 09:30 Briefing from our tour guides about safety and the activities program for the day
- 10:15 – 10:25 Arrival to our sponsored school, briefing of the educational program in the Dominican Republic.
- 10:45-11:45 Arrival to Typical Countryside House, where the tour guides give an explanation about the coffee, cacao and different fruits. Sample of fresh coffee, chocolate and fruits, and also a chance to purchase local products.
- 11:55-12:45 Arrival to our Mountain Ranch to enjoy a typical Dominican buffet: White rice, Dark rice with beans ( Moro ), Chicken creole, Beef creole, Spaghetti pomodoro, Salad bar and fresh
- 13:00-14:30 Arrive to « Trapiche » for explanation about sugarcane, its process throughout the years and the different products, result of its transformation. At the cigar shack, see first-hand how Dominican roll the famous cigars.
- 15:00-15:45 Arrival to Macao beach, where you can catch a wave on a moray boogie board or relax while sipping “Cuba Libre” to the soothing sound of nature.
- 16:30 Approximate arrival back to hotels.
Note: The order of the activity might change depending on the operation of that day.