A guided tour that allows you to interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland and visit a typical Dominican house where you will learn more about our culture and way of living.
- Stroll through the colorful Botanical Garden and identifies medicinal plants, flowers and fruit trees.
- Visit a typical house and see how the locals live.
- Visit a coffee plantation and cacao; eat fresh tropical fruit picked from the trees.
- Interact in close proximity to our beautiful squirrel monkeys.
- Watch the monkeys in a natural environment which offers spectacular mountain views.
We begin the tour with the visit of a typical country house to mingle with Dominicans and learn how to live off the land and their organic products. Have the opportunity to try new exotic Caribbean fruits, roasted coffee and cacao. The next 45 minutes were occupied for a guided tour that allows you to interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys. These charming and intelligent monkeys have been formed by a Canadian couple with 35 years of experience working with animals, including 12 years at the Toronto Zoo to teaching monkeys to trust and enjoy the company of humans. This tour is based on 5 acres of a beautiful piece of land that monkeys have made their home. The monkeys are completely accustomed to human contact. They come down from the trees to sit on your shoulder and eat from your hands. Little monkeys love to pose for the cameras and do selfie.
- Customers who are pregnant
- Suffer from heart disease, disability and / or mobility problems
- Infections of the upper airways cannot participate to this tour.
- People with severe peanut allergies cannot participate to this tour
- People with cold infection are not welcome.
- Do not use sunscreen or insect repellent
- Entrance to Monkey Land
- Typical Dominican house
- Fruits, coffee and chocolate
- Water and soft drinks
- Transportation by safari truck
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Extra money for tips and souvenirs
- Bottle of water
3 – 12 years
5 hours approximately
- 07:00-08:00 Pick-up directly in hotels. Briefing from our tour guides about transportation safety and the activities programed for the day.
- 09:00-09:45 Arrival to Typical Countryside House, where the tour guides give an explanation about the coffee, cacao and different fruits.
- 9:45-10:00 Sample of fresh coffee, chocolate and fruits, and also a chance to purchase local products.
- 10:00-10:15 Drive to MonkeyLand.
- 10:15-10:30 Walk through the botanical trail in company of a guide identifying variety of plants.
- 10:30-10:45 Welcome from the Monkey’s mum and dad, the trainers. Receive information about the activity. Time for bathroom.
- 10:45-11:30 Close encounter with the squirrel monkeys, feeding and observing them acting in their natural habitat.
- 11:30-11:45 Free time to relax or to brows in our Monkey land souvenir shop.
- 12:45 Approximate arrival back to hotels.
Note: The order of the activity might change depending on the operation of that day.