Caribbean VIP Safari
$80.00 – $135.00
Come and enjoy a unique experience of Cultural Safari visiting a typical house and the Basilica of Our Lady of Altagracia. Ride along the famous Chavon River on a barge to the sound of tropical music where you will enjoy a delicious lunch of grilled lobster. Then visit the largest sugar cane plantation in the country and while you’re here you will learn how the best Dominican cigars are made.
- You will be welcomed into a typical Dominican home and serve a sampling of the most exotic Caribbean fruits, freshly-brewed coffee, and taste a rich cup of hot cocoa.
- Stop by Higüey Basilica, a grandiose architectural marvel.
- For lunch, get down by boat the beautiful Chavón River.
- Enjoy a scrumptious grilled lobster lunch afloat, as you sunbathe under the warm tropical
- Learn more about the sugar cane and smoke a cigar in our Cigar Museum.
Come and enjoy a unique experience of Cultural Safari visiting a typical house to sample one of the best coffees and the best organic cacao in the world. Then the Basilica of Our Lady of High Grace and then, with a Caribbean flair, a ride along the famous Chavon River on a barge to the sound of tropical music where guests can enjoy a delicious buffet of grilled lobster served on board, surrounded by a breathtaking natural landscape that has been the back drop of several movies such as “ Rambo II “ and “ Apocalypse Now”. Also visit the largest sugar cane plantations in the country and while you´re here you will learn about the Dominican Tobacco and see firsthand how cigars are made. Also, learn about the history of tobacco in the Dominican Republic and its long tradition of making some of the best cigars in the world.
- Customers who are pregnant
- Suffer from heart conditions, disability and/or mobility problems, cannot take part in this tour
- Typical Dominican house
- Water, soft drinks, beers and rum
- Entrance to the Basilica of Higüey
- Lunch with grilled lobster or grilled chicken breast, rice, vegetables, salad and bread
- Red and white wine during lunch
- Transportation by safari truck
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Extra money for tips and souvenirs
- Extra money for drinks and food outside of the lunch time
- Bottle of water
- Women’s shoulders and knees must be covered to enter the basilica
3 – 12 years
9 hours approximately
Important: March 1st to June 30th we’ll serve Shrimps instead of Lobster since in this period
- 07:15-08:30 Pick-up directly in hotels.
- 08:30-08:40 Briefing from our tour guides about safety and the activities program for the day.
- 09:50-10:45 Arrival to Typical Countryside House, where the tour guides explain about the coffee, cacao and different fruits. Sample of fresh coffee, chocolate and fruits, and also a chance to purchase local products.
- 11:15-11:45 Arrival at the largest and most important cathedral in the country, Basilica de La Altagracia, spiritual catholic mother of the Dominicans.
- 12:20-14:00 Riverboat ride along the famous Chavon River, where you´ll have an unforgettable trip enjoying a fantastic scenery to the sound of tropical music and with an incredible Grilled Lobster Lunch served on board.
- 14:30-15:00 Drive thru the fields of Central Romana Corporation, the largest sugar cane plantation in the country. Stop and taste freshly cut sugar cane.
- 15:45-16:30 Arrival to the cigar shack to learn about the history of tobacco in the Dominican Republic and its long tradition of making some of the best cigars in the world.
- 17:30 Approximate time of arrival to hotels.
Note: The order of the activity might change depending on the operation of that day.